Can I just say that I am so so excited to FINALLY be launching this podcast! This has been a goal of mine for a while now, and it's really special to see it become a reality. And to make it even more meaningful, my guest for this first episode is such a dear friend to me and has been a steady presence in my life. Camie is one of the most down-to-earth people I know. She and I have been friends for years, have written music together, and have walked through the most difficult seasons together.
In this episode, you'll be challenged to trust, encouraged to stay steady through the real stuff of life we've all experienced this last year, and a whole lot more. I can't wait to hear what you take away!
My Key Takeaways
1) We can always trust our Savior. It's no secret that this last year has been so hard in unique ways for each of us, but the truth remains that we can always trust our God's unique and perfect plan and purpose.
2) Building up our commitment to spend time with God helps us stay steady in hard times. Camie shares how there is no other way she would know God and trust Him like she does if it wasn't for the most difficult seasons in her life. When we build up these rhythms, we can stay steady when the walk feels shaky.
3) Community is so important in our walk with Christ, but our devotion to Jesus isn't dependent on anyone else around us. "Spiritual maturity is absolute dependency on God alone." As we move towards this in our life, we take the weight off people around us, and even lessen levels of codependency in our relationships.
Resources Related or Mentioned
- Lectio 365 App
- Wandering Wilde's Bible Study Journals
- YouVersion Bible App
- Maverick City Music
- luxe|wise (Camie's Business)
- Connect with Wandering Wilde on Facebook and Instagram!
Where I've Been Wandering
At the close of every episode of the podcast, I'll be sharing a little bit about where I've been wandering in my own time with God recently. This week I've been in Philippians 4, considering how when I focus on my Savior and the things of God, peace is always the result. I hope this segment is an encouragement to you today!
Help Us Spread the Word
We want this to be an honest, encouraging, and inspirational resource to remind you that you're not alone, that you truly can grow closer to God each day, and that you have all you need to be transformed by the Word. We'd love for you to help us tell other women about it! You can do that in 2 ways:
1) If you listen on Apple Podcasts, please take a moment to leave a review! That's such a big help to us.
2) Send the link to this episode to a couple friends or family members that should hear it. I hope it even launches some good conversations!
Again, thank you for listening and we'll be back with Episode 2 in just a couple weeks!