Friends, I just wanted to express how grateful I am for all of your kind words about Episode 1 of the Wandering Wilde podcast! So many people told us it encouraged them in their walk with Christ, and that's all we could hope for.
I'm so excited about my guest for our second episode, a woman who has been in my life for over 20 years. Her name is Tammy Roozenboom, a woman who has been a crucial influence that helped lay the foundation of my faith in Christ. She truly has such a heart for the Lord that I believe will be an encouragement to you!
In this episode, we talk about why it's okay if our time with God looks different as seasons in life change, how God has a unique journey and plan for each of us, how we can make pursuing God a part of our rhythm for our families, and you'll be encouraged to focus on what really matters as we pursue Christ. I can't wait to hear what your biggest takeaway is!
My Key Takeaways
1) Spending consistent time in God's Word develops a hunger in us for more. When that becomes our rhythm, we become so aware of how Jesus truly is the vine and we are the branches. His Word truly is living and active, convicting us and shaping us. As Tammy says, "I can't live today if I haven't started with an eternal perspective."
2) Our relationship with Christ is not about what we bring to Him; it's about what God has brought to us. God doesn't "need" anything from us. He simply desires time with us. Time to speak to us. It's important to not be so deep in study that we miss His presence. Sitting at Jesus' feet and listening is really what it's all about.
3) It is so special to pray with your family. Tammy shares about a family practice she's introduced and how she's learned more about her kids by praying with them than in any other way. Prayer will not only connect your family to God, but also to each other.
4) The next generation should be a focus for every one of us. Whether it's mentoring a young person in your life or being intentional with your kids, it's important that we don't allow the next generation to go unengaged and poured into. We should be looking for those opportunities.
Resources Related or Mentioned
Where I've Been Wandering
At the close of every episode of the podcast, I'll be sharing a little bit about where I've been wandering in my own time with God recently. This week I've been in Proverbs 4 and the word that has consistently come to mind is focus, keeping my gaze on who God is and where He is leading me. I hope this segment is an encouragement to you today!
Help Us Spread the Word
We want this to be an honest, encouraging, and inspirational resource to remind you that you're not alone, that you truly can grow closer to God each day, and that you have all you need to be transformed by the Word. We'd love for you to help us tell other women about it! You can do that in 2 ways:
1) If you listen on Apple Podcasts, please take a moment to leave a review! That's such a big help to us.
2) Send the link to this episode to a couple friends or family members that should hear it. I hope it even launches some good conversations!
Again, thank you for listening and we'll be back with Episode 3 in just a couple weeks!