Trusting God's Path & Purpose (with Sarah Zobrist) - Episode 7
One of the things I'm most grateful for about this podcast is the real conversations I get to share every other week. Today I'm so excited to introduce you to Sarah Zobrist. (And yes, we are related!)
Sarah has experienced a life-threatening experience from Crohn's disease, a difficult introduction to parenthood, and two miscarriages.
In today's episode, she openly shares her story and how God showed up in her life through each of those experiences. This was such a sweet conversation, and I trust God will use Sarah's story powerfully in your own walk with Him.
Thank you for listening!
My Key Takeaways
1) "When I can't see the way, God has the path laid out." This is such a beautiful truth that Sarah shares related to a difficult season of transition she walked through.
2) We have a God big enough to handle our strong emotions. God does not turn away from us for our anger, our sadness, our resentment, our anxiety, or anything else. He's present with us through it all.
3) Grief can be very isolating. Breaking that isolation is so important. As Sarah shares, telling the story of grief is a crucial part of healing, and this helps us ensure we don't walk through suffering alone.
Resources Related or Mentioned
- Purple Goat Studio
- Held: 31 Biblical Reflections on God's Comfort and Care in the Sorrow of Miscarriage by Abbey Wedgeworth
- If you're walking through something difficult, our team would love to pray for you. Just send us an email.
- Wandering Wilde's Bible Study Journals
- Connect with Wandering Wilde on Facebook and Instagram.
Where I've Been Wandering
At the close of every episode of the podcast, I share a little bit about where I've been wandering in my own time with God. Lately I've been in 2 Corinthians and it's been speaking a ton to me! In chapter 4, we read, "...But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair..."
Because of our God's surpassing power, nothing we walk through has the power to crush us or bring us to despair. Wow. This has been such a powerful reminder for me, and I hope it's an encouragement to you as well!
Help Us Spread the Word
We want this to be an honest, encouraging, and inspirational resource to remind you that you're not alone, that you truly can grow closer to God each day, and that you have all you need to be transformed by the Word. We'd love for you to help us tell other women about it! You can do that in 2 ways:
1) If you listen on Apple Podcasts, please take a moment to leave a review! That's such a big help to us.
2) Send the link to this episode to a couple friends or family members that should hear it. I hope it even launches some good conversations!
Again, thank you for listening and we'll be back with Episode 8 in just a couple weeks!
Amazing transparency showing the mighty hand of God!